Non-human primates or NHP are a group of mammals, genetically close to humans, composed of simians – monkeys including the long-tailed macaque and the rhesus monkey; and apes – and prosimians, such as lemurs. Testing of pharmaceuticals on primates is sometimes have no alternatives. The use of NHP is still highly important in pharmaceutical development.
GenextEst LLC in cooperation with IBS AM LLC provide the opportunity to perform research and collect biospecimens from NHPs of the following species:
- Rhesus macaque (Macaca mulatta)
- Cynomolgous macaque (Macaca fascicularis)
- Hamadryas baboon (Papio hamadryas)
- Anubis baboon (Papio anubis)
- Green monkey (Chloro cebusaethiops).
The organization is fully accredited and licensed to breed and manage laboratory primates. The Institute’s activities comply with all international standards of scientific research and testing. All work is conducted exclusively within the 3RS concept (Refinement, Reduction, and Replacement). According to this concept, all specialists performing the tests are using and improving the techniques to reach the following targets:
- Reduce pain and stress impacts on animals.
- Reduce the number of participants to be tested.
Animals in tests, whenever possible, are replaced by artificial objects.
Types of Biosamples:
- biological fluids (whole blood, serum, plasma, and other biological fluids upon request)
- tissues: fresh, frozen, embedded (in paraffin), tissue microarrays (TMAs)
- cells: PMBC, red blood cells, buffy coat layer, marrow cells, and other types of cells.
RESEARCH SERVICES with NHPs include:
- Studies assessing specificity and cross-reactivity of monoclonal antibodies using TMA based on normal tissue panels. The studies fully comply with the requirements of the US FDA law.
- Studies on TMA based on normal tissue panels of non-human primates according to customer requirements.
- Pharmacological and toxicological studies involving non-human primates.